In a world of infinite opportunities, one challenge is picking which opportunities to pursue. Each project necessitates some fraction of your life, so whenever starting a new one, you have to quickly determine whether that project is going to move in a meaningful direction or whether you’re wasting your time. The entrepreneurship world addressed this […]
When I started learning digital marketing, books were the most useful tools for helping me self-educate and get through the early novice stages. There were some blogs that were useful, but for the most part, the amount of artificial complexity and bad info in blogs was so much harder to cut through as a novice that […]
At the start of my senior fall of college, I realized that I lacked any valuable skills. The startup I had been working on had folded, and the experience showed me that I knew nothing about marketing (among many other things), so I decided that I’d try to get good at that before graduating. Over […]
“If you don’t ask, you’ll never know. If you err on the side of asking, more opportunities will come your way.” – Kevin Miller In this episode of Nat Chat I’m joined by Kevin Miller. Kevin was the director of marketing for Spire when we had this conversation, and I wanted to bring him on for the […]
Some of the topics from this episode:
– Self-educating yourself when traditional education isn’t useful
– How to land an apprenticeship to obtain necessary skills
– Minimizing the time you spend in class to devote to other projects
– Harnessing the pressure of needing a good GPA to pursue difficult subjects
– Book recommendations from Josh to others interested in similar work
In this episode:
– How to learn languages and other things extremely quickly.
– The importance of having deep friendships.
– How college can cost you numerous opportunities in life and business.
– How experimenting and having fun projects can start a successful business or product.
– The importance of getting your genetics and blood tested for improved health.
– Why you should only focus on one thing at a time.